Friday, December 25, 2020

What I Still Miss About My Pre-Covid-19 Life

A Dark Journey by Craig Cloutier

I still miss going to Sulphur Creek Nature Center with my wife, Maria, and our son, Miguelito.

I still miss our weekly father-and-son grocery store shopping trips.

I miss having father-and-son time because it rarely happens now that he’s become even more attached to my wife during this pandemic.

I still miss our libraries.

I miss seeing my nephew smile when I come over for a visit.

I miss going into my parents’ house to visit in the carefree manner we had before the pandemic. Now when I visit, and we all have to mask up, I feel like such an outsider.

I still miss our regular commute—even the cold morning bike rides.

I miss having those twenty-minute train rides home by myself.

I still miss riding BART to meet up with friends in Oakland or San Francisco.

I miss dining out with my friends.

I miss eating at Popeye’s with Maria and Miguelito because that was our singular dining-out experience.

I still miss going out for lunch during the workweek.

I still miss swimming at the local pool.

I miss going to indoor playgrounds with my little family.

I miss watching sporting events with crowds.

I miss having drinks in a bar with my closest friends.

I miss watching TV with my parents (because that’s basically our quality time together).

I still miss hugging my parents and friends without it being awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment